Friday, October 8, 2010

Orphanage

Hello there,

I got the amazing privilege of going to a couple different orphanages. I went to one yesterday called Love A Child, it is a very large beautiful compound with a million dollar budget, funded by mainly, Joyce Meyers. I didn't see many children, as our focus was not on being with the orphans, it seems to be a self-sufficient organization doing good for Haitians.

The other orphanage that I went to today was originally a pastors house. When the earthquake destroyed so many homes and families, children filled the streets. When this pastor saw all the children, he opened his home to them, starting an orphanage with about 120 children. It has developed much more and has great leadership, however this particular orphanage has gone a few days with no water or electricity. You wouldn't see it on the children's faces though, only joy and love was seen in there eyes as I got to spend time with them. I played drums and showed off my beat-boxing skills, played some small hand games (thumb war, etc.), they showed me where they slept and to wrap up my time there, I sat with five or so kids draped on me and in my lap, as we watched, The Spy Next Door, in Creol. It was an amazing time, and I really felt God's heart for the kids and kept hearing the verse in my head about how we are told to love the orphans, widows, and helpless. Overall, I was blessed to know God has entrusted me as a vessel to love these kids as I know Jesus does.

In His Love,
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment